Skip to main content

Katrina Blagdon: Two months gone

 

Katrina (Trina) Blagdon disappeared from her home in St. Catharines, Ontario on New Year's Eve 2021. She was last seen at a sub shop at 6 p.m. There have been no sightings of her since. Please read the message below this post and help if you can! RS




A message from Trina's friend, Mara Morgan: 

Katrina after all these weeks as I sit here crying writing this it breaks my heart that I still don’t know anything about what has happened to you. You were such an outgoing person and so kind, funny and compassionate that I could not imagine anyone hurting you on purpose. I am praying you are alive and well and needed some alone time. 💚💚
I have been trying to find pictures of you in Afghanistan, so people can see the kind of person you are, strong, resilient and hard working. I must say I am very happy to have found two of the most beautiful pictures that show the essence of your soul. The smile that lit a room and the soldier in uniform ready for all.
One is the day we all lined up to get our group picture with the people we trained, lived, slept and ate with while we were away from our family and friends back home. Now this family that had our backs while we were away from home are the ones that have your back NOW STILL and until you return home.
Second one is the one when we so proud stand to receive, Our Medal parade. The one we worked so hard to get through tears, of missing our loved ones from home and from working long hours while we are away, getting hurt at work and late nights of standing in our bunkers while the rocket attacks were going on. Emotions high and all you still had that contagious smile that you are so known for.
I am here waiting, like all your Brothers an Sisters you served with, waiting for you to come home so we can get together and catch up and pick up where we left off.




A message from Trina's sister Kelly:

Trina! Baby sister, how do I tell them how much you mean to us? To me?
Do I tell them about the time that you and sister Shelly used to make Blair witch videos just to make us laugh?
Do I tell them about the time we walked along the cove road and sang songs? I was visiting from university and you wanted me to come and meet your friends lol. A little sexual healing, Jewel and Jay Z never hurt anyone.
Do I tell them about how you used to live with me so you could work at Tim Hortons in the summers? How I danced around your room with a pot and metal spoon while singing during your first hangover I witnessed ♥️
Do I tell them how we made plans to get posted to the same area (Petawawa) so that we could remain close?
Do I tell them how you called the police when you found out someone had laid their hands on me? Just once.
Do I tell them how when you arrived in Afghanistan I burst into tears at the sight of your face? I had already been there for almost two months and was just so home sick. You hugged me and said “oh come see little sister”. Then we cried and laughed and cried some more.
I think this is enough for my heart today. I NEED people to know who you are my beautiful, brave sister! I need you to come home so I can wrap my arms around you and say “come to big sister”.



Here is the latest information.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein...

Ashley Simpson: Please sign this petition to help her family

Those who read this space regularly know that my family is frantic with worry about my cousin, Ashley Simpson , who has been missing 40 days now. Both her boyfriend and her landlord reported that she had left with no money, no car, no resources from her Salmon Arm, B.C. home after a domestic dispute over money. Since then, there has been no trace of her. The RCMP now considers this a homicide investigation, but the family has not heard any updates from them in more than three weeks. Just after she disappeared, her father, relatives and friends set out from St. Catharines on a long trek to B.C. to find her. They all left their work, and their lives, intent on finding Ashley who had always kept in touch. It was completely out of character for her to lose touch. Her parents have been consumed by worry. They have been unable to work, and are having a hard time functioning. As a result, they are now relying on donations from family and friends to keep the wolf from the door...

The strange case of Greg Etue

I got out of the daily news reporting game, I'll admit, because I didn't have the stomach to cover the many sad stories that came across my desk. I remember clearly once when I had to call an RCMP sergeant after his young son blew his head off with the officer's service revolver. "Please," he pleaded. "I really can't talk right now." "It was your gun, is that correct?" He slammed down the receiver. I was ashamed of myself. People have a right to some privacy in difficult times like that. I also used to hate having to go to the door of a dead child's home and jostle the competition for a picture. Really, it felt more like ghoulism than journalism. That said, I still believe that these stories must be told in an honest and forthright fashion with all the facts and none of the flourish and emotion that is all the rage in reporting these days. Over the past two years, we, in this community, have been treated to a lot o...