Skip to main content

Body Sculpting? Cool!



Okay, so this isn't me.
It's Leeann Lacroix, Ottawa style maven, who has spent the last few weeks getting a little help from science to reduce what she called the marshmallow in her midriff. I'd heard about CoolSculpting, a process that basically freezes and flushes fat cells from a person's tummy, arms, and other areas where the little bastards squat for years and years and years.
Leeann was getting a more targeted treatment called Emsculpt, which is for the hard bodied crowd that has been hit horribly by the closing of gyms during this wretched pandemic. She got four treatments over two weeks on her midriff area which, ladies and gents, let's face it, is pretty hard to lose as the years go by.  
"When I was in my twenties and thirties I could regain muscle tone with regular, moderate workouts," she wrote. "Now, since you start to lose muscle mass after forty it is really hard to achieve muscle tone, at least it is for me. I don't think l have the energy and time to spend hours everyday in a health club working out." 
Wow, I thought. I want to see this for myself. So I took a little ride down the road to Orleans and met the fabulous owner Julie Ladouceur D'Amato, who gave me a tour of the place and a fabulous mask!
Now don't get me wrong. I'm not, nor have I ever been Leeann Lacroix whom I met years back at the Rideau Tennis Club. Unlike me, Leeann hasn't let herself go. She's still beautiful and toned while I am a little rough around the edges.
I didn't expect that Julie would have anything in her toolbox for me. From what I've read, most of the sculpting procedures are for people with just a little flab here and there. People like me who are cruelly called morbidly obese by the judgy medical docs are usually sent off for liposuction and other horrible procedures. 
I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I could be a candidate for CoolSculpting which is far less scary than lipo because it's not invasive. The cells are frozen through your skin instead of having a Botoxed doc hoover them through a hole in your gut.
Anybody with saddlebags and muffin tops can benefit from the treatment which reduces these stubborn areas by inches. As Julie says, "if you can pinch it, we can treat it."
Cool. It's a bit pricey for me, living large as I am on the CERB, about $4,000. So I'll leave the Cool Sculpt for when my ship comes in. But I was pleased to see that SKINS offers many services and treatments that are in my income bracket. For example, they can take off those horrible skin tags I have from wearing industrial sized bras for the last twenty years for under $100. 
They even have a treatment for spider veins, as well as offering my beloved Botox and fillers. And the cosmetic and medical grade skin cream aisle is a little old lady's dream. 
If you'd like to check out SKINS, virtually, here is the link. If you want to have a look at Leeann's experience, you can visit her on Facebook. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein...

Ashley Simpson: Please sign this petition to help her family

Those who read this space regularly know that my family is frantic with worry about my cousin, Ashley Simpson , who has been missing 40 days now. Both her boyfriend and her landlord reported that she had left with no money, no car, no resources from her Salmon Arm, B.C. home after a domestic dispute over money. Since then, there has been no trace of her. The RCMP now considers this a homicide investigation, but the family has not heard any updates from them in more than three weeks. Just after she disappeared, her father, relatives and friends set out from St. Catharines on a long trek to B.C. to find her. They all left their work, and their lives, intent on finding Ashley who had always kept in touch. It was completely out of character for her to lose touch. Her parents have been consumed by worry. They have been unable to work, and are having a hard time functioning. As a result, they are now relying on donations from family and friends to keep the wolf from the door...

The strange case of Greg Etue

I got out of the daily news reporting game, I'll admit, because I didn't have the stomach to cover the many sad stories that came across my desk. I remember clearly once when I had to call an RCMP sergeant after his young son blew his head off with the officer's service revolver. "Please," he pleaded. "I really can't talk right now." "It was your gun, is that correct?" He slammed down the receiver. I was ashamed of myself. People have a right to some privacy in difficult times like that. I also used to hate having to go to the door of a dead child's home and jostle the competition for a picture. Really, it felt more like ghoulism than journalism. That said, I still believe that these stories must be told in an honest and forthright fashion with all the facts and none of the flourish and emotion that is all the rage in reporting these days. Over the past two years, we, in this community, have been treated to a lot o...