Skip to main content

Ashley Simpson: A Father's Decision







It's always heartbreaking to celebrate Christmas without a loved one. But most of us cannot imagine what it is like to live without a child who was taken by violence, and whose body has never been found. In April 2020, it will be four years since my cousin Ashley Simpson disappeared without a trace, and for her family, it never gets easier. 

There is no closure. No resting place where they can visit her. No idea how she met with her demise. And so the wound reopens every time the family gathers, on birthdays, on holidays. And this year, the sadness drove her dad, John Simpson, nearly to the brink. And it led him to a very sad decision. 
Please read his post on Christmas Day, and say a prayer for this family. 

Hmfffl. Well Merry Xmas and all that jazz that goes with it.
Hope ur season is better than ours and it should be for most...hoping next year will be better, and it should be.
So the reason for this post.
It's been three years since we heard the news about Ashley.
Three long very emotionally charged years.
Miles upon miles of tears and heartache.
Next year, thinking April sometime, we will have a wake for Ashley to put her to rest without a body.
We deserve some closure as well as all her friends and relatives who miss her.
Our family is at its lowest we've been ever been and we're sinking faster than we can bail out of it.
Really hoping that this will give us the closure we need to move to the next place in life without a loved one, to help mend the fences of a broken family.
So with this being out there, you all know next April we will put her in the ground in a place where we can go and visit and yak away our problems.
Hope to see you all there.
Place and time will be out there later in February when we have made final decisions.
So happy holidays, keep your loved ones close and don't forget to share ur love.
PEACE LOVE AND UNDERSTANDING will make this earth a better place.
AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein...

Ashley Simpson: Please sign this petition to help her family

Those who read this space regularly know that my family is frantic with worry about my cousin, Ashley Simpson , who has been missing 40 days now. Both her boyfriend and her landlord reported that she had left with no money, no car, no resources from her Salmon Arm, B.C. home after a domestic dispute over money. Since then, there has been no trace of her. The RCMP now considers this a homicide investigation, but the family has not heard any updates from them in more than three weeks. Just after she disappeared, her father, relatives and friends set out from St. Catharines on a long trek to B.C. to find her. They all left their work, and their lives, intent on finding Ashley who had always kept in touch. It was completely out of character for her to lose touch. Her parents have been consumed by worry. They have been unable to work, and are having a hard time functioning. As a result, they are now relying on donations from family and friends to keep the wolf from the door...

The strange case of Greg Etue

I got out of the daily news reporting game, I'll admit, because I didn't have the stomach to cover the many sad stories that came across my desk. I remember clearly once when I had to call an RCMP sergeant after his young son blew his head off with the officer's service revolver. "Please," he pleaded. "I really can't talk right now." "It was your gun, is that correct?" He slammed down the receiver. I was ashamed of myself. People have a right to some privacy in difficult times like that. I also used to hate having to go to the door of a dead child's home and jostle the competition for a picture. Really, it felt more like ghoulism than journalism. That said, I still believe that these stories must be told in an honest and forthright fashion with all the facts and none of the flourish and emotion that is all the rage in reporting these days. Over the past two years, we, in this community, have been treated to a lot o...