Skip to main content

Ashley Simpson and her Mother Bear




When Ashley Simpson went missing a year ago, the person who placed the call to the RCMP was her mom, Cindy Mcgean Simpson. That was the hardest day of Cindy's life.
No, let me take that back.
Everyday since has been the hardest day of her life, always wondering what happened to poor Ashley. If it's hard for John, who literally wakes up crying every single day, it must be excruciating for Cindy.
I have watched her over the past year, and I've been amazed at her strength and resolve as she continues to prop up the rest of the family and carry on.
This weekend, while John was out in Salmon Arm starting his search for his missing girl, Cindy was busy holding a garage sale to raise money for his quest. At Christmas, she went on a ship through the Welland Canal to cook, and help keep the lights on at home.
We share the soul and heart of the Mother Bear protecting her cubs.
We put aside our own pain to soothe the hearts of our children, and to put salve on every cut and wound.
We inspire them to greatness even when we ourselves feel small.

But I wonder: who soothes the heart of a mother who has had her child ripped away from her in such a terrible fashion?
My sincere wish for Mother's Day is that John finds Ashley and finally brings her home to her mother where she belongs.

Let us never forget that motherhood is not just a lifelong job, it's a calling.
Bless you, Cindy.
I hope the kids make you something nice for dinner.
And make them do the dishes.




Comments

  1. Sure sounds like the Cindy I know and love❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much love to that Cindy and her family. Definitely one of the best ladies I have ever had the pleasure to meet and love. Happy Mother's Day Cindy!! I pray that questions are answered, and Ashley the is brought home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein...

Ashley Simpson: Please sign this petition to help her family

Those who read this space regularly know that my family is frantic with worry about my cousin, Ashley Simpson , who has been missing 40 days now. Both her boyfriend and her landlord reported that she had left with no money, no car, no resources from her Salmon Arm, B.C. home after a domestic dispute over money. Since then, there has been no trace of her. The RCMP now considers this a homicide investigation, but the family has not heard any updates from them in more than three weeks. Just after she disappeared, her father, relatives and friends set out from St. Catharines on a long trek to B.C. to find her. They all left their work, and their lives, intent on finding Ashley who had always kept in touch. It was completely out of character for her to lose touch. Her parents have been consumed by worry. They have been unable to work, and are having a hard time functioning. As a result, they are now relying on donations from family and friends to keep the wolf from the door...

The strange case of Greg Etue

I got out of the daily news reporting game, I'll admit, because I didn't have the stomach to cover the many sad stories that came across my desk. I remember clearly once when I had to call an RCMP sergeant after his young son blew his head off with the officer's service revolver. "Please," he pleaded. "I really can't talk right now." "It was your gun, is that correct?" He slammed down the receiver. I was ashamed of myself. People have a right to some privacy in difficult times like that. I also used to hate having to go to the door of a dead child's home and jostle the competition for a picture. Really, it felt more like ghoulism than journalism. That said, I still believe that these stories must be told in an honest and forthright fashion with all the facts and none of the flourish and emotion that is all the rage in reporting these days. Over the past two years, we, in this community, have been treated to a lot o...