Skip to main content

Ashley Simpson: Eight Months Gone

Meme by Maureen Task

It's been eight months to the day that Ashley Simpson disappeared. I wanted to share some words from the family as we remember her during this holiday season.





Coming up to eight months since you have left us, wondering where you have gone. We still hang on to that string of hope even though is frayed, and ready to tear. But we mend it with love and hope for you, my dear, that one day you will be back with us, one way or another.

We missed you much over the holidays and you were in everyone's thoughts.

You were there with us in our hearts and souls.

We haven't given up hope.

WE LOVE YOU GIRL
WE'LL NEVER GIVE UP 
NEVER

John Simpson, Father




On this day, the 27th of April, eight months ago, you left to come home.
Where did you go? Someone has to have seen you ? Why will no one speak out ? What are they afraid of ? 

These questions and more will forever go through our heads, until we have some answers to where you have gone,  our Ashley. We will never give up.

Will never stop looking , and most of all, never stop asking QUESTIONS and hoping for the answers. For now, we will think of you often and love you even more as our prayers go out in hopes someone will hear them, in hopes that maybe one day you will walk back into our lives.

 Julie Major, Aunt

I invite anyone who would like to share something about Ashley to leave your thoughts here. You can also email me at Rosalita54@gmail.com and I will share your sentiments in another blog.

It's important to keep Ashley's spirit in this realm. Maybe our collective voice will rise up and reach the ears of someone, anyone, who might have seen her.

Peace.



Comments

  1. thanks rose another nice piece love it that you keep up the support it means the world to the family ,thanks from all of us myself Cin Amanda Amy and Tara ,and the little ones Lucas Emma Lucy Anni willy and soon to be Cryus , The Simpsons thanks Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful face...kindest heart...and gentlest soul. Hopefully some answers surface soon. I don't know you (her family), but I've known Ashley for many years (16 to be exact). She was auntie Ashley to my two oldest. I remember her smile often...laughing in the water at rice lake...chasing the kids around. Truly an amazing person. I pray for her safe return and I pray for you all. Sending love and hugs to all of you ...especially at this tough time of year. Until we see her gorgeous smile again she will live in our hearts. Xo ~Meg~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein...

Ashley Simpson: Please sign this petition to help her family

Those who read this space regularly know that my family is frantic with worry about my cousin, Ashley Simpson , who has been missing 40 days now. Both her boyfriend and her landlord reported that she had left with no money, no car, no resources from her Salmon Arm, B.C. home after a domestic dispute over money. Since then, there has been no trace of her. The RCMP now considers this a homicide investigation, but the family has not heard any updates from them in more than three weeks. Just after she disappeared, her father, relatives and friends set out from St. Catharines on a long trek to B.C. to find her. They all left their work, and their lives, intent on finding Ashley who had always kept in touch. It was completely out of character for her to lose touch. Her parents have been consumed by worry. They have been unable to work, and are having a hard time functioning. As a result, they are now relying on donations from family and friends to keep the wolf from the door...

The strange case of Greg Etue

I got out of the daily news reporting game, I'll admit, because I didn't have the stomach to cover the many sad stories that came across my desk. I remember clearly once when I had to call an RCMP sergeant after his young son blew his head off with the officer's service revolver. "Please," he pleaded. "I really can't talk right now." "It was your gun, is that correct?" He slammed down the receiver. I was ashamed of myself. People have a right to some privacy in difficult times like that. I also used to hate having to go to the door of a dead child's home and jostle the competition for a picture. Really, it felt more like ghoulism than journalism. That said, I still believe that these stories must be told in an honest and forthright fashion with all the facts and none of the flourish and emotion that is all the rage in reporting these days. Over the past two years, we, in this community, have been treated to a lot o...