Skip to main content

Are You a Grump Over Trump? Here's a Baby






Like most of you, I am sick to death of watching an orange-tinged orangutan with scrawny biceps, a big belly and tiny baby hands.






 And don't get me started on that helmet-haired dame who reminds me of Dr. Evil.

Don't tell me that hasn't occurred to you.


It's like watching an endless loop on the Zoomer Channel, not CNN which has turned into a gigantic infomercial for Trump Resorts, a reality series about the goofs that run the FBI, and Bill Clinton's nose. Get him to a vein clinic, stat!

I'm also tired of shrill Latisse- and Botox-loving blondes wearing jumpsuits, named after Best in Show dogs and home shopping channel mavens, who have nothing better to do with their days than scrapping with blacks and Latinos. I guess none of these people have day jobs.

The only fun I get is trying to figure out how old Barbara Starr is or even if she is still alive, and watching John King squirm while sitting next to his ex, Dana Bash.

"Did you feed the baby?"

"I thought it was your week?"

"Where is the baby, anyway? Oh here he is, under the desk!"

I mean, how do any of these people have time for families?

This American election is making my head hurt.

It makes me wish I had hearing aids so I can turn them off.

This week, I was so rattled, I had to come up with a contingency plan to get me off my CNN habit. So I reached into my own family and out popped this little critter.



Her name is Kennedy Rose. How ironic given the current state of play.

Anyway, the only orange monster she gives a hoot about is on PBS.




Kenny, as we like to call her, is my granddaughter. She is seven months old, half white, half black, a modern Canadian who would be deported by Donald Trump if she lived in America because her father is from Paris, is a Hip Hop artist, and is a landed immigrant.

He's all of the things Trump abhors. Black. French. Creative. Not Putin.

Thankfully, Kenny was born in Canada under a Trudeau regime.

Therefore, she is Justified -- so she gets to stay.

Kenny is my new boss.

I lost my other jobs -- one professional, one retail -- to changing consumer habits, and globalization.

Her mother offered up the opportunity for me to mind Kenny while she and her husband brave the outside world to bring home the kale, and only sometimes the bacon.

I snapped at the opportunity.

How did I get this lucky?

I work only days, in my own home, and I get to write off a lot of stuff, including toys and avocados. Note to self: must learn how to depreciate a Fisher Price sing-a-long. Is there an app for that?

Anyway, it's been an absolute delight this past week getting to know the Artist Previously Known as La Squish. She is inquisitive, lively, musical, bossy, tearful, smiley and bright-eyed. She has put me through my paces.

Sometimes, she talks back, but she never argues.

Really, she just gurgles, which makes me want to give Donald Trump a pill and turn him into Benjamin Button. You, there, you need a freakin' time out. Now your body matches your hands!

The best thing that Kenny has done is break my CNN habit.

Because I am a responsible Mama Rose, I now share the television with her and her grandpa.



We get to watch it when she is asleep.

The odd time, she lets me watch CNN.

She's not fussy about the candidates. There's only one guy who makes her stop, pivot in her activity chair, and watch.

He's nice, and kinda looks like her Dad.

He smiles a lot, and makes everybody feel warm and fuzzy.

Unfortunately, for Kenny and me, he's currently off the menu.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein...

Ashley Simpson: Please sign this petition to help her family

Those who read this space regularly know that my family is frantic with worry about my cousin, Ashley Simpson , who has been missing 40 days now. Both her boyfriend and her landlord reported that she had left with no money, no car, no resources from her Salmon Arm, B.C. home after a domestic dispute over money. Since then, there has been no trace of her. The RCMP now considers this a homicide investigation, but the family has not heard any updates from them in more than three weeks. Just after she disappeared, her father, relatives and friends set out from St. Catharines on a long trek to B.C. to find her. They all left their work, and their lives, intent on finding Ashley who had always kept in touch. It was completely out of character for her to lose touch. Her parents have been consumed by worry. They have been unable to work, and are having a hard time functioning. As a result, they are now relying on donations from family and friends to keep the wolf from the door...

The strange case of Greg Etue

I got out of the daily news reporting game, I'll admit, because I didn't have the stomach to cover the many sad stories that came across my desk. I remember clearly once when I had to call an RCMP sergeant after his young son blew his head off with the officer's service revolver. "Please," he pleaded. "I really can't talk right now." "It was your gun, is that correct?" He slammed down the receiver. I was ashamed of myself. People have a right to some privacy in difficult times like that. I also used to hate having to go to the door of a dead child's home and jostle the competition for a picture. Really, it felt more like ghoulism than journalism. That said, I still believe that these stories must be told in an honest and forthright fashion with all the facts and none of the flourish and emotion that is all the rage in reporting these days. Over the past two years, we, in this community, have been treated to a lot o...