Skip to main content

Sophie: The Flying Sqvirrel



I don't know how she did it, but Sophie the Pug got up on the table, traversed the countertop and dropped the recyle bin onto the floor this morning.
We've taken all the chairs away and anything she can use as a platform but she still manages to get on the counters.
She steals things. We find cutlery under the couch and Gordie's thyroid pills in her bed.
I hope she isn't thinking of becoming an endocrine addict.

Sophie and Finnigan are starting to remind me of Rocky and Bullwinkle.
Sophie is the hyperactive flying squirrel with the high pitched bark.
Finnigan is the dumb accessory-after-the-fact.
I guess that means Gordon J. Blackstone is Boris



And I'm Natasha.

I can't imagine what Finn and Sophie would do if we left them together alone.
The food fight in Animal House comes to mind.
For that reason, leaving the house involves sequestering Finnigan who is now so big he can put his chin on the counter.
He can't be trusted to be left alone with Gordie. Even when I'm in the house, and in the bathroom, Finnigan tosses Gordie around like a Frisbee and Gordie, in turn, shits himself.
We can't even trust Finnigan to come with us in the car. He's already destroyed the netting between the front seat and the back and he chewed up his lead in three tasty bites. And that was when we're in the car.
I'm not about to cage the three of them. I'm just waiting for them to mature.
That stage will probably kick in about the time I become deceased.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein...

Ashley Simpson: Please sign this petition to help her family

Those who read this space regularly know that my family is frantic with worry about my cousin, Ashley Simpson , who has been missing 40 days now. Both her boyfriend and her landlord reported that she had left with no money, no car, no resources from her Salmon Arm, B.C. home after a domestic dispute over money. Since then, there has been no trace of her. The RCMP now considers this a homicide investigation, but the family has not heard any updates from them in more than three weeks. Just after she disappeared, her father, relatives and friends set out from St. Catharines on a long trek to B.C. to find her. They all left their work, and their lives, intent on finding Ashley who had always kept in touch. It was completely out of character for her to lose touch. Her parents have been consumed by worry. They have been unable to work, and are having a hard time functioning. As a result, they are now relying on donations from family and friends to keep the wolf from the door...

The strange case of Greg Etue

I got out of the daily news reporting game, I'll admit, because I didn't have the stomach to cover the many sad stories that came across my desk. I remember clearly once when I had to call an RCMP sergeant after his young son blew his head off with the officer's service revolver. "Please," he pleaded. "I really can't talk right now." "It was your gun, is that correct?" He slammed down the receiver. I was ashamed of myself. People have a right to some privacy in difficult times like that. I also used to hate having to go to the door of a dead child's home and jostle the competition for a picture. Really, it felt more like ghoulism than journalism. That said, I still believe that these stories must be told in an honest and forthright fashion with all the facts and none of the flourish and emotion that is all the rage in reporting these days. Over the past two years, we, in this community, have been treated to a lot o...