Skip to main content

Shakespeare in an Ottawa Park




What a good idea -- especially for shut-in agoraphobes like myself.
I love the theatre but I cannot stand being in a perfumed room with a horde of strangers.
This theatre experiment is out in the park!
Here are the details:

Bear & Co. announces it's Summer Shakespeare Tour of William Shakespeare's The Comedy of Errors.

Opening July 4th, 2013,  The Comedy of Errors will be directed by Anna Lewis, with music direction by Rachel Eugster. The tour will visit parks across Ottawa between  July 4th and August 4th.

A time of lawlessness and danger. A time of cowboys and frontier women. Bear & Co. brings you back to the wild west in Shakespeare's mad-cap mistaken identity play, The Comedy of Errors. When two sets of identical twins find themselves in the quiet town of Galveston, passion and mayhem are bound to ensue.

Galveston might not be big enough for the both of them.

Featuring:
Brie Barker, David Benedict Brown, Leslie Cserepy, Rachel Eugster, Michelle LeBlanc, Anna Lewis, Tim Oberholzer, Alexis Scott, Will Somers and David Whiteley.

Shows start at 7pm.
Pass-The-Hat ($15 suggested donation)
Bring your own blanket, or lawn chair. 

Here is the schedule.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein...

Ashley Simpson: Please sign this petition to help her family

Those who read this space regularly know that my family is frantic with worry about my cousin, Ashley Simpson , who has been missing 40 days now. Both her boyfriend and her landlord reported that she had left with no money, no car, no resources from her Salmon Arm, B.C. home after a domestic dispute over money. Since then, there has been no trace of her. The RCMP now considers this a homicide investigation, but the family has not heard any updates from them in more than three weeks. Just after she disappeared, her father, relatives and friends set out from St. Catharines on a long trek to B.C. to find her. They all left their work, and their lives, intent on finding Ashley who had always kept in touch. It was completely out of character for her to lose touch. Her parents have been consumed by worry. They have been unable to work, and are having a hard time functioning. As a result, they are now relying on donations from family and friends to keep the wolf from the door...

The strange case of Greg Etue

I got out of the daily news reporting game, I'll admit, because I didn't have the stomach to cover the many sad stories that came across my desk. I remember clearly once when I had to call an RCMP sergeant after his young son blew his head off with the officer's service revolver. "Please," he pleaded. "I really can't talk right now." "It was your gun, is that correct?" He slammed down the receiver. I was ashamed of myself. People have a right to some privacy in difficult times like that. I also used to hate having to go to the door of a dead child's home and jostle the competition for a picture. Really, it felt more like ghoulism than journalism. That said, I still believe that these stories must be told in an honest and forthright fashion with all the facts and none of the flourish and emotion that is all the rage in reporting these days. Over the past two years, we, in this community, have been treated to a lot o...