Skip to main content

The world ended today: Alert Anderson Cooper





I'm having a pretty good day so far, considering the world ended at approximately 5:45 this a.m.
Not really sure how it ended, as I woke up before the big "whatever" occurred.
I think it involved something from space, maybe a really big toilet seat.
Bruce Willis was not available for comment.
I woke up in the middle of this dream, and remember someone telling me that we had two days before the Earth burned up like a Zippo lighter. I think I spent the two days looking for the dogs who had escaped. Other than that, I don't think I did anything at all.
It made me wonder this morning: if the world were coming to an end, how would I spent my last couple of days?
Aside from crying on the commode.
I couldn't do the usual things, like watching premium cable as I assume the people who put such things on the air would be running to and fro, not giving a shit whether Rose missed the last episode of The Big C (spoiler alert! Laura Linney dies).
And the Internet would be down, that's for sure, because well, it's always down anyway in my neighborhood so why should the end of the world make any difference.
Damn you, Bell Media!
In assessing my options, I have concluded this.
I would sit and play video games.
The ones about the end of the world. That's the ticket.
I would try to solve the end of the world, and everything would be okay again.
And I'd eat really gross food, like the chicken wings they sell at Metro with a side of potato salad.
I'd eat the pizza last because it gives me heartburn, but I love it. So I'd wait until approximately 40 minutes before "whatever" so as to avoid the heartburn part, and drink an entire bottle of tequila laced with Triple Sec and a splash of lime, the way a margarita should be made.
I wouldn't care about my weight or alcohol intake like I do now to win the approval of Dr. Ben, whom I assume would be too busy getting his Belgian ass into a bomb shelter somewhere to care whether Rose is obese or perhaps abuses legal substances.
I'm betting Dr. Ben would be into the hooch himself if the world were ending.
Whatever happens, I'd be pretty much doing what I always do.
Two days isn't long enough to get a life.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein...

Ashley Simpson: Please sign this petition to help her family

Those who read this space regularly know that my family is frantic with worry about my cousin, Ashley Simpson , who has been missing 40 days now. Both her boyfriend and her landlord reported that she had left with no money, no car, no resources from her Salmon Arm, B.C. home after a domestic dispute over money. Since then, there has been no trace of her. The RCMP now considers this a homicide investigation, but the family has not heard any updates from them in more than three weeks. Just after she disappeared, her father, relatives and friends set out from St. Catharines on a long trek to B.C. to find her. They all left their work, and their lives, intent on finding Ashley who had always kept in touch. It was completely out of character for her to lose touch. Her parents have been consumed by worry. They have been unable to work, and are having a hard time functioning. As a result, they are now relying on donations from family and friends to keep the wolf from the door...

The strange case of Greg Etue

I got out of the daily news reporting game, I'll admit, because I didn't have the stomach to cover the many sad stories that came across my desk. I remember clearly once when I had to call an RCMP sergeant after his young son blew his head off with the officer's service revolver. "Please," he pleaded. "I really can't talk right now." "It was your gun, is that correct?" He slammed down the receiver. I was ashamed of myself. People have a right to some privacy in difficult times like that. I also used to hate having to go to the door of a dead child's home and jostle the competition for a picture. Really, it felt more like ghoulism than journalism. That said, I still believe that these stories must be told in an honest and forthright fashion with all the facts and none of the flourish and emotion that is all the rage in reporting these days. Over the past two years, we, in this community, have been treated to a lot o...