Skip to main content

The Prince of Poo: Scatman Do!

Breakfast alert! If you are eating, don't read this. Let your breakfast settle first, maybe take a nice walk.

Ahem.

The kids were over for Sunday Supper last night, as usual, and Scott was busy in the kitchen preparing the rest of the pork goulash. I say "the rest" because earlier in the day, Finnigan the lab, aka The Black Bastard had eaten the better part of a pound of juicy, raw Ontario pork.
Anyway, we were watching the Beyonce documentary, wondering what planet she was from and where could we get us some of that planet, when it happened.
Gordie the pug was sitting quietly on my lap when I detected a smell.
I called for Scott and paper towel.
"What happened?"
"Gordie shit in my hand."
I presented the evidence, three perfectly moulded nuggets of poo. Dr. Oz would be proud!
Actually, the scat showed evidence of slight dehydration. I made a mental note to discuss this with Dr. Cohen at Gordon's next visit.
Let's recap. Gordie has shat nearly everywhere on my person except my head. He shat on the back of my knees when I was having a nap, now in my hand, and on my chest while I was in bed one night. When Scott carries him out, because he is also very arthritic, he dumps a load at his feet.
Gordie often likes to save the best for company.
To be indoctrinated into this family, as Stef's girl Melanie discovered at Easter, one has to pass the smell test. Poor Mel nearly upped her chuck while sitting beside Sophie the Pug who is a farting machine.
Marissa's fiance, Jeff, simply takes it in stride.
He was the victim of a shit bomb himself.
That's why all our furniture is leather.
Cleanup in aisle three.
Last night, Jeff was once again there for the main event. Gordie shit in my hand with Jeff sitting right beside me. I covered it up to save Gordie's dignity.
For ther record, Gordie is actually better than when he was a pup. For years, he peed everywhere. When we had our room in the basement, he liked to jump off in the middle of the night, wheeze a little and dump in the bathroom.
It's just the way he rolls.
Now, he rarely pees at all.
Couple of times a day, cause he can't lift his leg anymore.
When he does, he topples over.
Now he just shits. I don't even think he's aware he's doing it.
That sort of takes the fun out of it, if you know what I mean.
You may think it's disgusting, but it's all part of pet ownership.
You get to enjoy a little prick like Gordie from infancy to incontinence.
A dog goes from baby to grandpa in about six seconds, in dog years.
Gotta love 'em.
And now for a little musical interlude.




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein...

Ashley Simpson: Please sign this petition to help her family

Those who read this space regularly know that my family is frantic with worry about my cousin, Ashley Simpson , who has been missing 40 days now. Both her boyfriend and her landlord reported that she had left with no money, no car, no resources from her Salmon Arm, B.C. home after a domestic dispute over money. Since then, there has been no trace of her. The RCMP now considers this a homicide investigation, but the family has not heard any updates from them in more than three weeks. Just after she disappeared, her father, relatives and friends set out from St. Catharines on a long trek to B.C. to find her. They all left their work, and their lives, intent on finding Ashley who had always kept in touch. It was completely out of character for her to lose touch. Her parents have been consumed by worry. They have been unable to work, and are having a hard time functioning. As a result, they are now relying on donations from family and friends to keep the wolf from the door...

The strange case of Greg Etue

I got out of the daily news reporting game, I'll admit, because I didn't have the stomach to cover the many sad stories that came across my desk. I remember clearly once when I had to call an RCMP sergeant after his young son blew his head off with the officer's service revolver. "Please," he pleaded. "I really can't talk right now." "It was your gun, is that correct?" He slammed down the receiver. I was ashamed of myself. People have a right to some privacy in difficult times like that. I also used to hate having to go to the door of a dead child's home and jostle the competition for a picture. Really, it felt more like ghoulism than journalism. That said, I still believe that these stories must be told in an honest and forthright fashion with all the facts and none of the flourish and emotion that is all the rage in reporting these days. Over the past two years, we, in this community, have been treated to a lot o...