Skip to main content

Senator Patrick Brazeau: He's so 1970s

We heard yesterday that Senator Patrick Brazeau, the Canadian alter ego of Mickey Rourke, was resigning.
He didn't go to Senator LeBreton and tender his resignation.
He didn't send a letter to the prime minister.
In his oily style, he announced he was resigning...on Twitter.
Apparently, I'm told, it was an April Fool's prank.
More like a mewling cry for help or attention.
We have two words for the Brazman, as he likes to be called.
Grow up.
You disrespected your elders in the Senate by showing up for the vote to boot your sorry ass out of a place you rarely sat your bum down in the first place.
You -- allegedly -- served your girlfriend a can of whoopass, which landed you in jail. You -- allegedly -- lied about where you live to fleece the Canadian taxpayer.
Hence your expulsion from the Senate.
You -- allegedly -- made unwanted sexual advances towards your underlings while serving as head honcho at a major aboriginal organization. This after plying everyone with liquor.
Again, disrespecting your elders, and your people.
Senator Brazman, all due respect, but you don't deserve to blow smoke up the ass of Jimmy Munson.
You sir, are a douche bucket.
We were hoping you were serious about resigning your Senate seat.
Instead, you further disrespected Canadians by mocking them on Twitter.
You seriously need some schoolin'.
Inappropriate sexual behavior, not showing up for life, being a smart ass and a narcissist -- it's so 1970s.
Take some advice from my old friend, the late, great Doug Bennett.



 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein...

Ashley Simpson: Please sign this petition to help her family

Those who read this space regularly know that my family is frantic with worry about my cousin, Ashley Simpson , who has been missing 40 days now. Both her boyfriend and her landlord reported that she had left with no money, no car, no resources from her Salmon Arm, B.C. home after a domestic dispute over money. Since then, there has been no trace of her. The RCMP now considers this a homicide investigation, but the family has not heard any updates from them in more than three weeks. Just after she disappeared, her father, relatives and friends set out from St. Catharines on a long trek to B.C. to find her. They all left their work, and their lives, intent on finding Ashley who had always kept in touch. It was completely out of character for her to lose touch. Her parents have been consumed by worry. They have been unable to work, and are having a hard time functioning. As a result, they are now relying on donations from family and friends to keep the wolf from the door...

The strange case of Greg Etue

I got out of the daily news reporting game, I'll admit, because I didn't have the stomach to cover the many sad stories that came across my desk. I remember clearly once when I had to call an RCMP sergeant after his young son blew his head off with the officer's service revolver. "Please," he pleaded. "I really can't talk right now." "It was your gun, is that correct?" He slammed down the receiver. I was ashamed of myself. People have a right to some privacy in difficult times like that. I also used to hate having to go to the door of a dead child's home and jostle the competition for a picture. Really, it felt more like ghoulism than journalism. That said, I still believe that these stories must be told in an honest and forthright fashion with all the facts and none of the flourish and emotion that is all the rage in reporting these days. Over the past two years, we, in this community, have been treated to a lot o...