Skip to main content

Max out the Visa: Oprah's coming to Ottawa!!!!!





I'm so excited that Oprah Winfrey is leaving one of her mansions to come to Ottawa to impart her wisdom on we lesser humans. I wonder if Gayle is coming.

I can't wait for later this week to pay 300 dollars in advance for the privilege of being in her aura.

It will be an ah-ha moment for a lot of women who will sneak in, not wanting their husbands to know. Neighbors across the city will be pointing figures "Ah ha, I knew I'd see you here!"

I bet Pam Wallen will be there.

On Senate expenses.

I really feel sorry for the poor fans who would have to skip groceries for the month to see her.

All those women who faithfully watched her for twenty years on the tube. They should have followed Suze Orman's advice. Tch Tch Tch.

Guess Oprah doesn't do poor.

Oprah in person. Wowwee, kazawee.

Much more powerful than seeing her on the Oprah Winfrey Network which a lot of people can't get with basic cable.

But Oprah in person...I can't wait to bask in her glow. Maybe she'll lay on hands.

Give me that secret to the success I've been praying to Maya Angelou for.

What orange dress will she be wearing? Will it be shabby chic bought from her beloved Target? Or Dior? I don't think she can fit into Dior. They don't make the asses big enough.

Will her hair be bouffant or curly? A wig, surely not.

Will the angel wear Prada shoes or Pay-less?

I'm told there will be no special guests.

No Dr. Phil. Or Doctor Oz. No Ilanya. Or Tommy Hanks.

No Eckardt Tolle or James Fry.

Just Oprah in all her glooooow.

What will we get for our three hundred bills?

I'm guessing there will be no favorite things.

But sure as shootin' we'll be able to buy a lot of Oprah SWAG.

Magazines, books, inspirational videos.

We won't be getting a car.

Or an Oprah Snuggie. At least not for free.

Just the key to God's Kingdom which I hear is somewhere on Chicago's Magnificant Mile.

But you will only get the keys if see Oprah. Otherwise you won't get in.

There's a list.

And a bouncer. Michael Clarke Duncan. Shh! Don't tell anyone. He just got there.

With Oprah's blessing.

Can't wait.

Oh no! I don't have three hundred bucks.

Have to pay the rent.

Get the puppy spade.

I guess I'll just have to settle for standing along the Queensway, waving at her limo.

OOOOOOPRAH! I love  you.

Yeah, right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein...

Ashley Simpson: Please sign this petition to help her family

Those who read this space regularly know that my family is frantic with worry about my cousin, Ashley Simpson , who has been missing 40 days now. Both her boyfriend and her landlord reported that she had left with no money, no car, no resources from her Salmon Arm, B.C. home after a domestic dispute over money. Since then, there has been no trace of her. The RCMP now considers this a homicide investigation, but the family has not heard any updates from them in more than three weeks. Just after she disappeared, her father, relatives and friends set out from St. Catharines on a long trek to B.C. to find her. They all left their work, and their lives, intent on finding Ashley who had always kept in touch. It was completely out of character for her to lose touch. Her parents have been consumed by worry. They have been unable to work, and are having a hard time functioning. As a result, they are now relying on donations from family and friends to keep the wolf from the door...

The strange case of Greg Etue

I got out of the daily news reporting game, I'll admit, because I didn't have the stomach to cover the many sad stories that came across my desk. I remember clearly once when I had to call an RCMP sergeant after his young son blew his head off with the officer's service revolver. "Please," he pleaded. "I really can't talk right now." "It was your gun, is that correct?" He slammed down the receiver. I was ashamed of myself. People have a right to some privacy in difficult times like that. I also used to hate having to go to the door of a dead child's home and jostle the competition for a picture. Really, it felt more like ghoulism than journalism. That said, I still believe that these stories must be told in an honest and forthright fashion with all the facts and none of the flourish and emotion that is all the rage in reporting these days. Over the past two years, we, in this community, have been treated to a lot o...