Skip to main content

Help a girl out, huh?




Well folks.
It's come to this.
I wasn't sure what to call it.
Panhandling?
No I'm not begging.
Scott says it's more like busking, you know, providing a little entertainment on a wintry afternoon for you folks.
Instead of taking my guitar to the Sparks Street Mall -- which would be ridiculous because I can't sing or play guitar, heck, I don't even have a guitar -- I'm busking right here in my kitchen.
Using Bell Fibe Internet and the ten falanges attached to my wrists.
Think of me as a virtual busker.
My greatest hits, you can enjoy them over and over again. They are to the right of this blog along with something called a Donate button.


That's what you click if you want to support my silly hobby.
Along the way, I might have a few things to sell as well.
Scott has this cool flag from the time Nunavut first became a territory. As with all things up that way somebody probably had a bit of hooch and made a bunch of flags with a mistake in them. So Scott has one of the bogus flags that has never adorned a flagpole.
We also have a Canadian Airborne shirt for an elite group that no longer exists.
I have a firefighter's uniform shirt from Toronto. Don't ask.
And I have my Team Chretien polar fleece which was given to war room staffers in the 2000 election. Not many of them around. If you're a Liberal after today, you might want my Chretien polar fleece to sleep in and dream of the good old days before Stephane Dion and Bob Rae.
What else could I sell?
I am a writer, but unlike my friends, I don't write books.
I simply don't have the attention span. Besides, every time I re-read any sort of fiction I've written, I immediately delete it. Especially the sex scenes.
Woof!
The only people who would get horny reading my sex scenes are geriatric patients.
Or twelve year olds who find the sight of a gas pump appealing.
We have a 14-year-old Subaru that still works and three dogs.
I could sell them.
But we need transportation and love. So selling them is out.
Really, it's just me. A blogger standing before a reader asking him/her to support this blog.
Like Julia Roberts in Notting Hill.
God, I loved that movie.
I digress.
I'm asking you to throw me couple bucks here and there.
Don't worry. I don't see blog busking as a living.
I just need to pay for some incidentals.
Like dog food. The Hydro bill. The occasional cup of cappucino.
In my dreams, I'd love a real computer.
Not this piece of shit I'm forced to write on.
Maybe you could help pay the tax on it.
Think of a donation as like buying me a beer at the Press Club.
Maybe a club sandwich.
Anyhoo, if you like this blog and want to keep reading it, reach deep.
I'm sure there's a loonie or two in the lining of your own Team Chretien polar fleece.
I accept all major credit cards. Paypal, too.
Hey, what can I say, I'm an innovator
Anything is appreciated.
Really....
Thanks for your patronage.
Come again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein...

Ashley Simpson: Please sign this petition to help her family

Those who read this space regularly know that my family is frantic with worry about my cousin, Ashley Simpson , who has been missing 40 days now. Both her boyfriend and her landlord reported that she had left with no money, no car, no resources from her Salmon Arm, B.C. home after a domestic dispute over money. Since then, there has been no trace of her. The RCMP now considers this a homicide investigation, but the family has not heard any updates from them in more than three weeks. Just after she disappeared, her father, relatives and friends set out from St. Catharines on a long trek to B.C. to find her. They all left their work, and their lives, intent on finding Ashley who had always kept in touch. It was completely out of character for her to lose touch. Her parents have been consumed by worry. They have been unable to work, and are having a hard time functioning. As a result, they are now relying on donations from family and friends to keep the wolf from the door...

The strange case of Greg Etue

I got out of the daily news reporting game, I'll admit, because I didn't have the stomach to cover the many sad stories that came across my desk. I remember clearly once when I had to call an RCMP sergeant after his young son blew his head off with the officer's service revolver. "Please," he pleaded. "I really can't talk right now." "It was your gun, is that correct?" He slammed down the receiver. I was ashamed of myself. People have a right to some privacy in difficult times like that. I also used to hate having to go to the door of a dead child's home and jostle the competition for a picture. Really, it felt more like ghoulism than journalism. That said, I still believe that these stories must be told in an honest and forthright fashion with all the facts and none of the flourish and emotion that is all the rage in reporting these days. Over the past two years, we, in this community, have been treated to a lot o...