Skip to main content

Liberal Leadership: We need a hero not Prince Charming





As expected, many of us are already getting tired of Justin Trudeau.

Already, his words have come back to haunt him.

Anybody who has any sense of this country knows that if politician wants English Canadians to vote for him, he shouldn't go around dissing them. Albertans are fine, upstanding , hard-working people who deserve your respect. There are just as many fine, upstanding, hard-working people in Alberta as there are in Quebec.

Maybe more.  

In Alberta, you don’t see half the politicians going to jail for fraud, do you?

Corruption is part of the political process in Quebec. That corruption bled into federal politics when Quebecers were in charge.

The whole sponsorship thing – remember Chuck Guité? – was all about Quebec politicians and bureaucrats funneling money into the slimy pockets of Quebec ad executives.

So, Justin, stop bad mouthing Albertans.

Stop talking up Quebec.

The rest of Canada doesn’t want to hear it.

There are other reasons I don’t like Justin.

It’s not just what he’s saying, it’s how he says it.

Justin has a smarminess to him, that crooked smile that says, “there, there, it will be alright. Pierre’s son is here to save the day.”

That’s not enough.

We, Canadians have one question.

Where’s the beef?

We want a serious candidate for Prime Minister, Justin.

Not a guy who pals around with Seamus O’Regan sipping red wine on white linen. Not a guy who gets in on his father’s coat tails.

And certainly not a guy who thinks he’s better than the rest of us.

We want fairness and respect for all Canadians.

That’s why I’ll be in Marc Garneau’s corner of the big bad Liberal fight ring.

Marc Garneau is bilingual.

Marc Garneau is a seasoned veteran.

Marc Garneau wasn’t afraid to wet his pants in space.

Now that’s a real man.

We need a race not a coronation.

We need a leadership that’s about ideas, not platitudes.

We need a hero.

We don’t need Prince Charming.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein...

Ashley Simpson: Please sign this petition to help her family

Those who read this space regularly know that my family is frantic with worry about my cousin, Ashley Simpson , who has been missing 40 days now. Both her boyfriend and her landlord reported that she had left with no money, no car, no resources from her Salmon Arm, B.C. home after a domestic dispute over money. Since then, there has been no trace of her. The RCMP now considers this a homicide investigation, but the family has not heard any updates from them in more than three weeks. Just after she disappeared, her father, relatives and friends set out from St. Catharines on a long trek to B.C. to find her. They all left their work, and their lives, intent on finding Ashley who had always kept in touch. It was completely out of character for her to lose touch. Her parents have been consumed by worry. They have been unable to work, and are having a hard time functioning. As a result, they are now relying on donations from family and friends to keep the wolf from the door...

The strange case of Greg Etue

I got out of the daily news reporting game, I'll admit, because I didn't have the stomach to cover the many sad stories that came across my desk. I remember clearly once when I had to call an RCMP sergeant after his young son blew his head off with the officer's service revolver. "Please," he pleaded. "I really can't talk right now." "It was your gun, is that correct?" He slammed down the receiver. I was ashamed of myself. People have a right to some privacy in difficult times like that. I also used to hate having to go to the door of a dead child's home and jostle the competition for a picture. Really, it felt more like ghoulism than journalism. That said, I still believe that these stories must be told in an honest and forthright fashion with all the facts and none of the flourish and emotion that is all the rage in reporting these days. Over the past two years, we, in this community, have been treated to a lot o...