Skip to main content

Diane Sawyer: Disney too cheap to bring in relief pitchers



Everybody stop picking on Diane Sawyer.
Okay, she's got a lovely face and honey locks, but she's not perfect.
It appears she was seeing hefalumps and woozels on the air during ABC's election special. But the poor girl had probably been up for 72 hours.
And she is a pensioner, not some spring chicken like, like, Soledad O'Brien.
I don't think Diane Sawyer was drunk.
I think Diane Sawyer was punch drunk.
Lack of sleep can make a person delirious.
If you want to blame anybody, blame Disney which owns ABC.
Disney is reportedly amongst the worst -- and cheapest -- employers on the planet.
So what Disney does is use its resources to the max to save money.
They did this all summer. After the cancellation of The Revolution, ABC/Disney forced Lara Spencer and Josh Elliott to do double duty by working the break of dawn shift then coming back in the afternoon to do another truly awful show. Both of them always appeared drunk.
The day of the election, Diane Sawyer was on every ABC daytime show flogging their election special -- after having covered Hurricane Sandy for days.
So please forgive her for being a little loopy.
She's a New Yorker.
She probably doesn't have power. Heck she probably hasn't taken a shower in weeks and they use that dreadful dry shampoo to make her look presentable.
If Diane had her druthers, she'd probably be taking a nice hot bath.
But Disney put her out there.
Come on, Diane, Disney said. Take on for the team.
Anderson would.
Why can't you be more like Anderson?
Look, Anderson Cooper does this cause he wants to. He has 55 shows and still wants more facetime.
He's addicted to Honey Boo Boo.
Clearly Anderson Cooper has no life.
And he's half Diane's age.
But Disney doesn't care.
Disney even had Barbara Walters up until 2 a.m. then put her back on the air the next morning.
Barbara Walters is 83.
And she has a friggin' heart condition.
Barbara Walters was dog tired as a result and it showed. She tried to interview Ricky Gervais on The View and she couldn't talk. Ricky Gervais told her to shut up. Then Barbara did a hoola dance.
Dear president of ABC/Disney.
Let these poor girls get some shut eye before you put them on air.
Let them go home at 3 p.m. for a nap at least.
They may be powerhouses but they are only human.
And you, sir, are too cheap to bring in relief pitchers.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein...

Ashley Simpson: Please sign this petition to help her family

Those who read this space regularly know that my family is frantic with worry about my cousin, Ashley Simpson , who has been missing 40 days now. Both her boyfriend and her landlord reported that she had left with no money, no car, no resources from her Salmon Arm, B.C. home after a domestic dispute over money. Since then, there has been no trace of her. The RCMP now considers this a homicide investigation, but the family has not heard any updates from them in more than three weeks. Just after she disappeared, her father, relatives and friends set out from St. Catharines on a long trek to B.C. to find her. They all left their work, and their lives, intent on finding Ashley who had always kept in touch. It was completely out of character for her to lose touch. Her parents have been consumed by worry. They have been unable to work, and are having a hard time functioning. As a result, they are now relying on donations from family and friends to keep the wolf from the door...

The strange case of Greg Etue

I got out of the daily news reporting game, I'll admit, because I didn't have the stomach to cover the many sad stories that came across my desk. I remember clearly once when I had to call an RCMP sergeant after his young son blew his head off with the officer's service revolver. "Please," he pleaded. "I really can't talk right now." "It was your gun, is that correct?" He slammed down the receiver. I was ashamed of myself. People have a right to some privacy in difficult times like that. I also used to hate having to go to the door of a dead child's home and jostle the competition for a picture. Really, it felt more like ghoulism than journalism. That said, I still believe that these stories must be told in an honest and forthright fashion with all the facts and none of the flourish and emotion that is all the rage in reporting these days. Over the past two years, we, in this community, have been treated to a lot o...