Skip to main content

The Coward Dalton McGuinty




Remember the story from the last provincial election when the McGuinty brothers showed up at a house on Alta Vista drive? It's a real knee slapper.
The home owner took one look at the brothers, pointed to David and said: "You, come on up here."
He then turned to Dalton: "You, get off my lawn."
After McGuinty's performance last night, I see the gentleman's point. He better not come onto my lawn any time soon, lest he feel the warm blood oozing from his calf after I sick Finnigan on him.
What an ass..
The coward Dalton McGuinty.
It's a good title for a western.
I voted for McGuinty over the past decade. I let his followers put a sign on my lawn. Today, if I see him, I'll want to punch him in the face which is exactly the sentiment most MPPs must be feeling today.
When your party members, just a month before, give you an 85 percent endorsement as their leader even though you've dragged them down into the depths of electoral hell, you need to have their back. You keep on going, stand up like a man and take the drubbing the opposition gives you.
I mean, why did he even bother running in the last election?
My friend Roger called last night, in shock, and asked what I thought.
I said the whole thing reminded me of Mulroney and Trudeau who left their parties then watched the rout. They both hung around until they smelled bad, too long for Canadians to stomach them for another minute. As a result, their parties came to experience the effects of the political nuclear winter.
Only the situation with McGuinty is worse. He didn't just walk away from a party long past its best before date. He didn't just screw his party members. He screwed all the other people who believed in him: teachers, docs, firefighters, government employees. He let the bandits get their hands in the provincial cookie jars and wasted a bunch of our money on questionable files such as eHealth (hello! An idiot could have made e-Health a success), substandard medicopters, power plants and WIND MILLS!
Well, at least we have another full year of kindergarten to look forward to. Thanks Terri!
The Ontario political landscape is a mess alright. And what does Daltie do?
"Thanks folks, time to go. It's Frank Miller time!"
When the heat got too hot in the kitchen, when the opposition started chewing on his boots, when the bad deals struck too close to home, he announced he was circumventing the democratic process (Stephen Harper come on down!) proroguing the legislative session so as to avoid some near criminal embarrassment over power plant deals. And other cool stuff.
What a douche!
Okay, you want to ride off into the sunset? No biggie.
 Don't let the big oak door hit you on your boney ass on your way out.  After all, there will always be those waiting in the wings hoping for the top job. Greg Sorbara is always available. Maybe Bob Rae could make a come back.
But thumbing your nose at the electorate, well that's something else.
Word, Dalton: The democracy-loving people of Ontario, the kids who no longer can play basketball, the doctors who are looking south for better jobs, the rest of us who still can't find work, we will not forget you anytime soon.
Hallowe'en is coming up. I have a basket full of eggs from the Farmer's Market...and I know where  you live.
You've written your legacy, pal, on the backs of the people of Ontario.
All I can say is we all like to get kissed before we get fucked.
Good riddance.
Best of luck in the political afterlife.
Hope you're not planning on applying for a union job.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein...

Ashley Simpson: Please sign this petition to help her family

Those who read this space regularly know that my family is frantic with worry about my cousin, Ashley Simpson , who has been missing 40 days now. Both her boyfriend and her landlord reported that she had left with no money, no car, no resources from her Salmon Arm, B.C. home after a domestic dispute over money. Since then, there has been no trace of her. The RCMP now considers this a homicide investigation, but the family has not heard any updates from them in more than three weeks. Just after she disappeared, her father, relatives and friends set out from St. Catharines on a long trek to B.C. to find her. They all left their work, and their lives, intent on finding Ashley who had always kept in touch. It was completely out of character for her to lose touch. Her parents have been consumed by worry. They have been unable to work, and are having a hard time functioning. As a result, they are now relying on donations from family and friends to keep the wolf from the door...

The strange case of Greg Etue

I got out of the daily news reporting game, I'll admit, because I didn't have the stomach to cover the many sad stories that came across my desk. I remember clearly once when I had to call an RCMP sergeant after his young son blew his head off with the officer's service revolver. "Please," he pleaded. "I really can't talk right now." "It was your gun, is that correct?" He slammed down the receiver. I was ashamed of myself. People have a right to some privacy in difficult times like that. I also used to hate having to go to the door of a dead child's home and jostle the competition for a picture. Really, it felt more like ghoulism than journalism. That said, I still believe that these stories must be told in an honest and forthright fashion with all the facts and none of the flourish and emotion that is all the rage in reporting these days. Over the past two years, we, in this community, have been treated to a lot o...