Skip to main content

Dr. Ben's magical blood pressure elixir





I was noodling around the Menopause Canada website, and decided to calculate my Body Mass Index. It was 32, which is still fat, but a lot less fat than the 36 where I started out.
By the way, I challenge the BMI because you calculate it based on your height and weight and it doesn't take into account that I have at least 10 pounds of boob weight, which I didn't ask for, unlike Anna Nicole Smith who is pictured above.
Oh well, at least I know I'm making progress thanks to two years of personal straining at the Athletic Club in Trainyards and those magical diuretics Dr. Ben prescribed me along with my blood pressure medication.
Speaking of blood pressure meds, I found out this week that I am not supposed to eat grapefruit while on them. And according to Doctor Oz, who is the expert on everything, I'm not supposed to take Ibuprofen either. What a shock. Grapefruit and Advil are among my favorite substances.
Along with tequila, which I've decided it's time to cut out.
The tequila is interacting with the diurectics making me really, really dehydrated.
It's a nasty feeling, so I don't think I'll have trouble giving up my one margarita at cocktail hour.
Might have a little more trouble once again giving up the red wine. I've got to find a substitute and green tea isn't doing it for me.
I heard today that a gigantic LBCO aka the Liquor Barn is being built right next to the gymnasty.
What kind of mixed message is that, Premier McGuinty?
I'm starting this weekend on a beet, apple and carrot juice cleanse which sounds disgusting and actually is. This apparently is good for my liver, which needs a vacation from my habits. Also apple cider vinegar mixed with milk thistle is good, too, and equally disgusting.
My goal is to be out of the 200s by Christmas, which means I've got to lose six pounds, give or take. I don't think it will be too hard, at least not as hard as losing the previous 16 pounds. That was brutal.
Too bad I didn't know about Dr. Ben's magical blood pressure elixir two years ago!
Truth be told, by next year, I want to be off blood pressure meds and weigh about 160 pounds. That's because I'm being scheduled to have my tits done and I don't want to have little hooters attached to an apple sized middle.
This is a scary time, but it's also really exciting.
I dream of tube tops and strapless sundresses.
I can't wait.
As one of my friends remarked, I'll be perky until I'm 92.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein...

Ashley Simpson: Please sign this petition to help her family

Those who read this space regularly know that my family is frantic with worry about my cousin, Ashley Simpson , who has been missing 40 days now. Both her boyfriend and her landlord reported that she had left with no money, no car, no resources from her Salmon Arm, B.C. home after a domestic dispute over money. Since then, there has been no trace of her. The RCMP now considers this a homicide investigation, but the family has not heard any updates from them in more than three weeks. Just after she disappeared, her father, relatives and friends set out from St. Catharines on a long trek to B.C. to find her. They all left their work, and their lives, intent on finding Ashley who had always kept in touch. It was completely out of character for her to lose touch. Her parents have been consumed by worry. They have been unable to work, and are having a hard time functioning. As a result, they are now relying on donations from family and friends to keep the wolf from the door...

The strange case of Greg Etue

I got out of the daily news reporting game, I'll admit, because I didn't have the stomach to cover the many sad stories that came across my desk. I remember clearly once when I had to call an RCMP sergeant after his young son blew his head off with the officer's service revolver. "Please," he pleaded. "I really can't talk right now." "It was your gun, is that correct?" He slammed down the receiver. I was ashamed of myself. People have a right to some privacy in difficult times like that. I also used to hate having to go to the door of a dead child's home and jostle the competition for a picture. Really, it felt more like ghoulism than journalism. That said, I still believe that these stories must be told in an honest and forthright fashion with all the facts and none of the flourish and emotion that is all the rage in reporting these days. Over the past two years, we, in this community, have been treated to a lot o...