Skip to main content

My left boob



It's been two weeks since my mammogram and I thought I was in the clear.
No news is good news, right?
Apparently not.
It seems the doc wants another look at my left boob. The nice lady at the Riverside called to say that that boob is very dense and he couldn't see all the way through, so they have to take a few more shots, then do an ultrasound.
The lady went out of her way to re-assure me that this is normal. Guess she didn't want me to jump off a bridge over the long weekend. I'm not like that.
I'm cool with this.
I've had nothing but trouble with my left breast for years. It's about an eighth bigger than the other one and, as a result of this, the dog keeps stepping on it. Yowza. I used to get a lot of pain in it as well. That was until I realized I needed to buy bigger bras.
Besides being dense, it's absolutely huge. Sometimes I think there are families of mice or other rodents living in it. Maybe a few spiders.
Am I nervous?
Nah.
What will be will be.
The worst thing is I have to go to the Civic Campus, which I hate. Last time I went there, I took Marissa for allergy tests and we had to sit in between rows of orange suited convicts. It seems the dermatology office also doubles at the HIV/Aids testing facility.
Nice.
I'm sure the women's breast centre is lovely, with nice pink walls and soothing music.
Besides, it's just a few x-rays.
Not like dermatology where they stick pieces of your running shoes on your back. I kid you not!
Oh well, wish me luck!
Enjoy your long weekend.
My friends have already planned to throw a party for my left boob, just in case.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein...

Ashley Simpson: Please sign this petition to help her family

Those who read this space regularly know that my family is frantic with worry about my cousin, Ashley Simpson , who has been missing 40 days now. Both her boyfriend and her landlord reported that she had left with no money, no car, no resources from her Salmon Arm, B.C. home after a domestic dispute over money. Since then, there has been no trace of her. The RCMP now considers this a homicide investigation, but the family has not heard any updates from them in more than three weeks. Just after she disappeared, her father, relatives and friends set out from St. Catharines on a long trek to B.C. to find her. They all left their work, and their lives, intent on finding Ashley who had always kept in touch. It was completely out of character for her to lose touch. Her parents have been consumed by worry. They have been unable to work, and are having a hard time functioning. As a result, they are now relying on donations from family and friends to keep the wolf from the door...

The strange case of Greg Etue

I got out of the daily news reporting game, I'll admit, because I didn't have the stomach to cover the many sad stories that came across my desk. I remember clearly once when I had to call an RCMP sergeant after his young son blew his head off with the officer's service revolver. "Please," he pleaded. "I really can't talk right now." "It was your gun, is that correct?" He slammed down the receiver. I was ashamed of myself. People have a right to some privacy in difficult times like that. I also used to hate having to go to the door of a dead child's home and jostle the competition for a picture. Really, it felt more like ghoulism than journalism. That said, I still believe that these stories must be told in an honest and forthright fashion with all the facts and none of the flourish and emotion that is all the rage in reporting these days. Over the past two years, we, in this community, have been treated to a lot o...