Skip to main content

People who eat Nutella are nuts



In a tale reminiscent of the McDonald’s hot coffee lawsuit, moms in the U.S. brought a class-action case against Nutella maker Ferrero, claiming it misled them by portraying the chocolate spread as “an example of a tasty yet balanced breakfast.”

Seriously, moms?

You thought that crap was good for you?

You're probably the kind of mom who buys food for your kids that says made with "real fruit juice" or "real cheese".

Read your labels, people!

Here are the ingredients in Nutella, according to Wikipedia: According to the product label, the main ingredients of Nutella are sugar and vegetable oils (mostly palm oil[5]), followed by hazelnut, cocoa solids, and skimmed milk. In the United States, Nutella contains soy products.[6] Nutella is marketed as "hazelnut cream" in many countries. Under Italian law, it cannot be labeled as a chocolate cream, as it does not meet minimum cocoa solids concentration criteria. About half of the calories in Nutella come from fat (11 g in a 37 g serving, or 99 kcal out of 200 kcal) and about 40% of the calories come from sugar (20 g, 80 kcal).[7]


Didn't know that, huh?

You'd probably like these irradiated potatoes, too. What? Didn't you ever question why potatoes stay in the potato bin for six months without getting all slimy and soggy?

Ditto for the bagels in the back of the fridge. Remember when bagels went all mouldy after a few days? Today's bagels are made with essence du uranium, meaning they'll be around to eat if the world explodes and all the plant life dies.

I know of what I speak. I used to be a food inspector for the Ontario government before governments got rid of food inspectors. See that fancy yellow film on those peaches? Don't eat them!

Everything has preservative in it. Nothing is good for you.

Nutella tastes wonderfully sweet and it's made of hazelnuts which are high in fat. Pretty soon you'll be wearing that Nutella on your arse. Nuts aren't sweet. And the food scientists put all kinds of crap with "ose" on the end of products like Nutella, meaning they're full of sugar.

Why the hell would anyone buy that stuff?

You might as well eat a Pop Tart, my friends.

Want a nutritious breakfast? Buy some oatmeal that you have to cook for four hours and then spend another two hours trying to scrape it off the bottom of the pan. Chase it with some Metimucil.

That stuff will fly through your intestines like a Via Rail train trying to get out of Toronto.

For lunch, have some hummus you make yourself. Eat some organic fruit.

Dinnertime? No worries. Get some wild Pacific salmon and eat some wild rice.

Then kill yourself.

Your welcome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein...

Ashley Simpson: Please sign this petition to help her family

Those who read this space regularly know that my family is frantic with worry about my cousin, Ashley Simpson , who has been missing 40 days now. Both her boyfriend and her landlord reported that she had left with no money, no car, no resources from her Salmon Arm, B.C. home after a domestic dispute over money. Since then, there has been no trace of her. The RCMP now considers this a homicide investigation, but the family has not heard any updates from them in more than three weeks. Just after she disappeared, her father, relatives and friends set out from St. Catharines on a long trek to B.C. to find her. They all left their work, and their lives, intent on finding Ashley who had always kept in touch. It was completely out of character for her to lose touch. Her parents have been consumed by worry. They have been unable to work, and are having a hard time functioning. As a result, they are now relying on donations from family and friends to keep the wolf from the door...

The strange case of Greg Etue

I got out of the daily news reporting game, I'll admit, because I didn't have the stomach to cover the many sad stories that came across my desk. I remember clearly once when I had to call an RCMP sergeant after his young son blew his head off with the officer's service revolver. "Please," he pleaded. "I really can't talk right now." "It was your gun, is that correct?" He slammed down the receiver. I was ashamed of myself. People have a right to some privacy in difficult times like that. I also used to hate having to go to the door of a dead child's home and jostle the competition for a picture. Really, it felt more like ghoulism than journalism. That said, I still believe that these stories must be told in an honest and forthright fashion with all the facts and none of the flourish and emotion that is all the rage in reporting these days. Over the past two years, we, in this community, have been treated to a lot o...