Skip to main content

Harper Resigns: Trudeau to form government



In a stunning development last night, Prime Minister Stephen Harper announced he was stepping down as prime minister and voluntarily handing the reins of power to the most deserving candidate.

Governor-General David Johnston met with Justin Trudeau last night at Government House to formally swear in the first son of former Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau.

Thomas Mulcair expressed shock and awe.

"Frankly, I'm shocked and in awe," said the NDP leader who has yet to pick up the keys to Stornoway, the official residence of the leader of the opposition. "I can't believe it. I've wasted all this time so that snot nosed little entitled bastard could just swan in."

Bob Rae, the interim Liberal leader was seen weeping in the Railway Committee whispering "no, no, it can't be so" and being comforted by his long-suffering wife, Arlene.

Reached at his art deco apartment in Ottawa, Trudeau appeared jubilant and self-satisfied, his usual demeanor. Earlier in the evening, Trudeau declared victory over the First Nations following the pummeling of Senator Patrick Brazeau, who was humiliated while wearing a pair of budgie smugglers.

A source close to the outgoing prime minister said Trudeau paid him a visit following the match still wearing his red boxing gloves and cape. RCMP reported seeing Harper cowering in the corner, after Trudeau locked Laureen Harper, her children and her female bodyguard in the smelly cat room the Harper's keep for their 600 cats.

Trudeau said his first act as prime minister will be to shave the head of Brazeau and abolish the Senate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein...

Ashley Simpson: Please sign this petition to help her family

Those who read this space regularly know that my family is frantic with worry about my cousin, Ashley Simpson , who has been missing 40 days now. Both her boyfriend and her landlord reported that she had left with no money, no car, no resources from her Salmon Arm, B.C. home after a domestic dispute over money. Since then, there has been no trace of her. The RCMP now considers this a homicide investigation, but the family has not heard any updates from them in more than three weeks. Just after she disappeared, her father, relatives and friends set out from St. Catharines on a long trek to B.C. to find her. They all left their work, and their lives, intent on finding Ashley who had always kept in touch. It was completely out of character for her to lose touch. Her parents have been consumed by worry. They have been unable to work, and are having a hard time functioning. As a result, they are now relying on donations from family and friends to keep the wolf from the door...

The strange case of Greg Etue

I got out of the daily news reporting game, I'll admit, because I didn't have the stomach to cover the many sad stories that came across my desk. I remember clearly once when I had to call an RCMP sergeant after his young son blew his head off with the officer's service revolver. "Please," he pleaded. "I really can't talk right now." "It was your gun, is that correct?" He slammed down the receiver. I was ashamed of myself. People have a right to some privacy in difficult times like that. I also used to hate having to go to the door of a dead child's home and jostle the competition for a picture. Really, it felt more like ghoulism than journalism. That said, I still believe that these stories must be told in an honest and forthright fashion with all the facts and none of the flourish and emotion that is all the rage in reporting these days. Over the past two years, we, in this community, have been treated to a lot o...