Skip to main content

The X Factor: Why blue pussycat?



Last night's edition of The Xpoit Factor gave the term "over the top" new meaning. Did you see it?

Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger had a breakdown on national television after she threw poor Rachel Crowe to the wolves. And Rachel looked as if she was going to stroke out. Hope they've got their health insurance paid up.

This show is ridiculous.

It isn't about the "talent". It's about which of the judges can throw the biggest hissy fit when their mentees get the boot. They don't judge on talent; they judge on turf.

L.A. (Little Ass) Reid is only on the show to beat Simon Cowell at his own game. Cowell expects everyone to do what Simon says, otherwise he starts to get the lip on. Paula Abdul still doesn't know where she is, and Nicole acts as if she's having a permanent nervous breakdown.

Cuckoo! Cuckoo!

And where did they get that guy Steve Jones? His plastic is starting to show!

It makes me long for American Idol. At least in the case of American Idol, they don't build the show around the judges.

Oh, look! It's Simon Cowell's yacht, boy, he must be really rich. Oh, look! Paula and Nicole are wearing the same sparkly dress; they look like twins separated by a foot and a half.

And somebody forgot to add a skirt!

It's exhausting and frustrating to watch this show.

It's pretty clear the Xploit Factor isn't about viewers, anyway. It's a show that sponsors pay to let producers like Cowell and Reid do their talent scouting for free.

Caching!

Okay, I'll admit, I'm just a slightly bit bitter. I wanted little Rachel to win so she could finally have her own bathroom.

Now, she'll go home and have to share the soap with her adopted sister. That would make any 14-year-old turn into a drug addict. Ask Asstro!

I have one favorite left.

Chris Rene.

Vote for him next week, please! His parents can't afford another stint for him in rehab.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein...

Ashley Simpson: Please sign this petition to help her family

Those who read this space regularly know that my family is frantic with worry about my cousin, Ashley Simpson , who has been missing 40 days now. Both her boyfriend and her landlord reported that she had left with no money, no car, no resources from her Salmon Arm, B.C. home after a domestic dispute over money. Since then, there has been no trace of her. The RCMP now considers this a homicide investigation, but the family has not heard any updates from them in more than three weeks. Just after she disappeared, her father, relatives and friends set out from St. Catharines on a long trek to B.C. to find her. They all left their work, and their lives, intent on finding Ashley who had always kept in touch. It was completely out of character for her to lose touch. Her parents have been consumed by worry. They have been unable to work, and are having a hard time functioning. As a result, they are now relying on donations from family and friends to keep the wolf from the door...

The strange case of Greg Etue

I got out of the daily news reporting game, I'll admit, because I didn't have the stomach to cover the many sad stories that came across my desk. I remember clearly once when I had to call an RCMP sergeant after his young son blew his head off with the officer's service revolver. "Please," he pleaded. "I really can't talk right now." "It was your gun, is that correct?" He slammed down the receiver. I was ashamed of myself. People have a right to some privacy in difficult times like that. I also used to hate having to go to the door of a dead child's home and jostle the competition for a picture. Really, it felt more like ghoulism than journalism. That said, I still believe that these stories must be told in an honest and forthright fashion with all the facts and none of the flourish and emotion that is all the rage in reporting these days. Over the past two years, we, in this community, have been treated to a lot o...