Skip to main content

Peter McKay's big yellow taxi



Peter McKay seems to have his pecker caught in his zipper.

Despite his obvious predicament, the Defence Minister is still claiming its still snug and safe in his shorts.

When National Defence moves out to Nortel, they should consider installing a sign in the Minister's honor: National Defence, Home of the Whopper.

How can McKay Mouse continue to lie to the Canadian public about why he used the Cormorant as his personal mode of transportation?

Has he never heard of access to information?

McKay says he grabbed a ride from his private hideaway so he could experience, first hand, a search and rescue operation at a cost of $77,000.

Pricey!

Yet emails from the brass tell another tale altogether. Seems McKay booked a ride so he wouldn't miss too much of his vay-cay at the fishing lodge to attend an official announcement. (To do his actual job!)

The brass warned him this little boondoggle was going to backfire.

I love this quote:

"When the guy who's fishing at the fishing hole next to the minister sees the big yellow helicopter arrive and decides to use his cell phone to video tape the minister getting on board and post it to YouTube, who will be answering the mail on that one?" ask Colonel Bruce Ploughman.

Good question!

Obviously, McKay is in contempt of Canadian voters.

Talk about bad judgement. I'd hate to have somebody like McKay running a sensitive military operation.

Wait a minute...

Who does he think he is John Travolta?

Me, I think McKay should pay the bill.

With interest.

And take his entitled ass into the House of Commons and do some 'splainin'.

Can't hide in a hole Libya forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein...

Ashley Simpson: Please sign this petition to help her family

Those who read this space regularly know that my family is frantic with worry about my cousin, Ashley Simpson , who has been missing 40 days now. Both her boyfriend and her landlord reported that she had left with no money, no car, no resources from her Salmon Arm, B.C. home after a domestic dispute over money. Since then, there has been no trace of her. The RCMP now considers this a homicide investigation, but the family has not heard any updates from them in more than three weeks. Just after she disappeared, her father, relatives and friends set out from St. Catharines on a long trek to B.C. to find her. They all left their work, and their lives, intent on finding Ashley who had always kept in touch. It was completely out of character for her to lose touch. Her parents have been consumed by worry. They have been unable to work, and are having a hard time functioning. As a result, they are now relying on donations from family and friends to keep the wolf from the door...

The strange case of Greg Etue

I got out of the daily news reporting game, I'll admit, because I didn't have the stomach to cover the many sad stories that came across my desk. I remember clearly once when I had to call an RCMP sergeant after his young son blew his head off with the officer's service revolver. "Please," he pleaded. "I really can't talk right now." "It was your gun, is that correct?" He slammed down the receiver. I was ashamed of myself. People have a right to some privacy in difficult times like that. I also used to hate having to go to the door of a dead child's home and jostle the competition for a picture. Really, it felt more like ghoulism than journalism. That said, I still believe that these stories must be told in an honest and forthright fashion with all the facts and none of the flourish and emotion that is all the rage in reporting these days. Over the past two years, we, in this community, have been treated to a lot o...