Skip to main content

I'm left sided



We all know that our bodies aren't exactly symmetrical. Girls have one boob that's always bigger than the other; I suspect the men can claim the same in the bullocks department.

But do we have one side that gets sicker than the other?

My right side is the culprit. Everything that is wrong happens on my right side. Catract. Fallen arch. Pulled neck muscle. Ear eaten away by flesh-eating bacteria (true!).

What's with that?

Am I like a ship that is listing to starboard?

I was thinking about this in bed last night, as I was nursing my wounded neck which I apparently hurt during an interview last Friday. As I've said before, I don't talk much, being a shut-in, so even a little excess gabbing puts a strain on my tender throat.

Is there any way to prevent further injury to my right side? I've already gotten an orthotic for the right foot and the cataract has been exorcised. The liver, well, the liver is on the mend after years of drinking Canada Dry. What's left to go?

It's a dilemma for a card-carrying hypochondriac.

Can you take out insurance just for your right side?

Comments

  1. omg, this is kinda weird...i have the same issue but with my left side... and i went on looking for why my left side is always the culprit...so i'm right sided... and i'm also a card carrying hypo... so here's what i've heard... I studied macrobiotics many years ago and their take on the face is that the left side represents the father side... but i've also recently heard that the left side of the body is the feminine side... so i'm thinking this all may be on some spiritual level... i don't know... but everything happens to my left side... very weird...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein...

Ashley Simpson: Please sign this petition to help her family

Those who read this space regularly know that my family is frantic with worry about my cousin, Ashley Simpson , who has been missing 40 days now. Both her boyfriend and her landlord reported that she had left with no money, no car, no resources from her Salmon Arm, B.C. home after a domestic dispute over money. Since then, there has been no trace of her. The RCMP now considers this a homicide investigation, but the family has not heard any updates from them in more than three weeks. Just after she disappeared, her father, relatives and friends set out from St. Catharines on a long trek to B.C. to find her. They all left their work, and their lives, intent on finding Ashley who had always kept in touch. It was completely out of character for her to lose touch. Her parents have been consumed by worry. They have been unable to work, and are having a hard time functioning. As a result, they are now relying on donations from family and friends to keep the wolf from the door...

The strange case of Greg Etue

I got out of the daily news reporting game, I'll admit, because I didn't have the stomach to cover the many sad stories that came across my desk. I remember clearly once when I had to call an RCMP sergeant after his young son blew his head off with the officer's service revolver. "Please," he pleaded. "I really can't talk right now." "It was your gun, is that correct?" He slammed down the receiver. I was ashamed of myself. People have a right to some privacy in difficult times like that. I also used to hate having to go to the door of a dead child's home and jostle the competition for a picture. Really, it felt more like ghoulism than journalism. That said, I still believe that these stories must be told in an honest and forthright fashion with all the facts and none of the flourish and emotion that is all the rage in reporting these days. Over the past two years, we, in this community, have been treated to a lot o...