Skip to main content

News Roundup: And then Prince Charles farted...




For the past six months, I've been sitting in a chair with the ailing pug Gordie.

He's blind, incontinent and has separation anxiety, so if I don't sit with him he cries.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm in a black-and-white movie, and I'm Baby Jane watching over Blanche. Sometimes, I want to push Gordie's damned wheelchair down the stairs and be done with it.

I wouldn't do that, of course. I love the little bugger more than life itself, but I'm starting to resent all the time I have to spend in front of the tellie watching the CTV News Channel.

He may be going to Heaven soon, but I'm living in Purgatory, the place between Heaven and Hell, called the Ontario Election.

This election sucks the big one.

There's not much to choose from. It's kind of like watching TV Land reruns of the Beverly Hillbillies, Beetlejuice and The Facts of Life. Hey Blair, the Eighties are calling; they want their hair back!

Lord, will Gordie leave me alone with this trio?

I've been waiting for weeks for some real issues, but have seen none. The province has a deficit bigger than the nuclear pancakes the candidates are flipping. Everybody I know is out of a job, or working part-time at crap jobs. Even heads are rolling at Target where the head cashier had his hat handed to him yesterday.

The economy, truly, is in the shitter and there isn't one qualified head janitor to clean up the mess.

We live in the most wonderful, bountiful province in the world and yet we can't afford to drive around to see it because of gas prices and we'll all soon be cooking goat with sticks in our backyards because we can't afford electricity let alone the over-priced local produce farmers are selling.

Meanwhile, Kathleen shrugs, Tim thunders, and Andrea mousses.

The media on the buses are bored silly.

They can't get any bona fide answers from these three ass hats. All they want to talk about is whether or not two of the candidates breached farm protocol whilst driving around on tractors. Call in Elmer the Safety Elephant!

Am I watching a re-run of the Hunger Games: Dousing Fire?

Will this ridiculous election be determined by who wins a ploughing match?

The rest of Canada isn't doing much more, news-wise.

The Parti Quebecois can't even find a leader who can ride a bicycle, in the country, without ending up in a body cast. The Albertans are still trying to collect the back rent from Allison Redford. And left coasters are claiming they've found the still-warm body of Casey Kasem. Okay, I made that last one up, but I hear Ripley's Believe it or Not! is making room for Jean Kasem's ponytail.

Meanwhile, Rob Ford is running around the Muskokas, trying to score some homegrown and posing with the townies. Hey Robyn Doolittle: Ever wonder where Robbie gets his drugs? The dry cleaners!  (You're welcome. I'll be accepting a Michener Award.)

About the only real news in this country is the Royal Visit, and even that's a bust. Okay, it is Charles and Camilla, so why should be care?

But whomever was in charge of the Royal itinerary has some 'splaining to do.

First, they're not even feeding the Royal Couple. No State Dinner for the Future King of England, no siree! Just crumpets and bad tea on the Royal airliner.

Second, they have had to endure the very worst of Canadian entertainment, including a drag queen impersonating Queen Elizabeth! Prince Charles looked so unnerved, it was as if he himself had farted and his Mother could smell its odorous aroma across the pond.

I'd love to hear the pillow talk after the show.

Millie, can you imagine the nerve of those colonials, bringing in Eddie Izzard as a stand-in for Mummie?

Oh, Charles. What do you expect from a people whose entire economy is based on a ginger and potatoes?

But I didn't even get a Lobster roll.

Rollover, honey, I'll give you one.
 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ashley Simpson: Conversation with Derek Favell Revealed

  On April 2, 2017, a family friend of Ashley Simpson opened her Facebook Messenger and got the surprise of her life.  Cathy MacLeod had been trying to correspond with Ashley's boyfriend, Derek Favell, who was the last person to see the St. Catharines native before she disappeared from her home in Salmon Arm, B.C. a year before. She wanted to know more about what happened to Ashley, and why Favell had refused to take a polygraph test when many others close to the missing woman agreed to do so. "I wanted to poke the bear," she said, and sent several messages to Favell pleading with him to talk to her.  " Please help us," she wrote. "It's been 10 months of pure hell. A lie detector would help if you have nothing to hide. I beg of you, help us, take the test to clear your name if there’s nothing to hide." Many, including members of the Simpson family, found Derek's behaviour, at least, curious. Ashley had disappeared on April 27, 2016. Yet it took

Ashley Simpson: A Father Remembers

I have asked Ashley Simpson's family and friends to give us a glimpse into the life she lived before going missing nearly a month ago. Here is how her father John remembers his sweet girl. Ashley was a treat when she came into this world, a smashing 9lbs 8 ounces with a  head full of hair and nails that needed to be clipped. She has made many friends in her journey of life and continues to make them as we speak. She has made this world a better place by her love of mankind and this place we call Earth; unfortunately this life she has lived hasn't been the best for her. She has suffered through unbearable pain and suffering through her menstrual cycles. She has cysts on her ovaries that make those 10 days a living hell. She had one of her ovaries removed when she was just 14; the other they won't take out till she is 40 or older. Years of hell for my Ashley. I so feel her pain every month but she doesn't quit, doesn't give in.   That's my

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein