Skip to main content

Somebody broke the gymnasty



Dear Harley:

I'm slightly bummed today.

I socked down my whey-laden smoothie, drove the hubs to work and turned the car into The Athletic Club in Trainyards only to discover it was "closed indefinitely". I must be the only one in Ottawa who does not know this; the parking lot was empty save for a couple of environmental cleanup trucks.

That can't be good.

I called the Orleans club and discovered that some douche had been doing wheelies in the parking lot last night and hit a transformer. No power means no elliptical and rower today. Have to settle for some barbells and an exercise video. Normally, I would take Finnigan out for a power walk but it's pissing rain and I don't like exercise that much. So I took myself to Starbucks for a double cappucino and here I sit, with Finnigan chewing the leg of the chair and Gordie snoring at my other foot.


I'm not going to let this little blip get me down today. I'm psyched because tonight Scott and I will be having our first solid meal in six days. Awesome. I've chosen scallops, perhaps en papillote which is my favorite way of doing seafood, steamed with a little white wine and julienne vegetables.

I. Cannot. Wait.

By the way, Harls, I've tweaked your diet a little and it's working much better. I substituted Bonnie Stern's soup recipes for yours, as yours taste like ass. Her squash soup is orgasmic and it's the same number of calories as the one you tried to pass off. Her black bean is better, too. This has made all the difference to my mood, because your recipes are basically blended tasteless vegetables.

I'm not a baby, son.

Also, I've changed up the snacks a little -- all within the guidelines, of course. Instead of having veggies and dip at night, I'm having a smoothie and pretending I'm having ice cream. Score! Ah, I was in heaven last night.

The third change-up has been to add PGX capsules to my regime. People on calorie restricted diets should really check our www.pgx.com and get the scoop on this terrific supplement. It's a natural fibre deal that fills up your tummy so  you don't feel hungry. It is also supposed to regulate blood sugar so people like me, the hypoglycemics, don't have spikes.

Comes well recommended, as it was developed by University of Toronto brainiacs.

PGX has made all the difference.

Today, I weighed in at 211, same as yesterday, but I didn't exercise yesterday. I shopped and bought a kickass umbrella for the backyard for $99 at HomeSense. It was worth losing the one pound advantage.

BTW, Scott weighed in at 160.0 today, with more than 12 pounds lost. He can finally see his toes and, you know.

Gotta go. Going to spend the day with John Irving and all his weird sexos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ashley Simpson: Conversation with Derek Favell Revealed

  On April 2, 2017, a family friend of Ashley Simpson opened her Facebook Messenger and got the surprise of her life.  Cathy MacLeod had been trying to correspond with Ashley's boyfriend, Derek Favell, who was the last person to see the St. Catharines native before she disappeared from her home in Salmon Arm, B.C. a year before. She wanted to know more about what happened to Ashley, and why Favell had refused to take a polygraph test when many others close to the missing woman agreed to do so. "I wanted to poke the bear," she said, and sent several messages to Favell pleading with him to talk to her.  " Please help us," she wrote. "It's been 10 months of pure hell. A lie detector would help if you have nothing to hide. I beg of you, help us, take the test to clear your name if there’s nothing to hide." Many, including members of the Simpson family, found Derek's behaviour, at least, curious. Ashley had disappeared on April 27, 2016. Yet it took

Ashley Simpson: A Father Remembers

I have asked Ashley Simpson's family and friends to give us a glimpse into the life she lived before going missing nearly a month ago. Here is how her father John remembers his sweet girl. Ashley was a treat when she came into this world, a smashing 9lbs 8 ounces with a  head full of hair and nails that needed to be clipped. She has made many friends in her journey of life and continues to make them as we speak. She has made this world a better place by her love of mankind and this place we call Earth; unfortunately this life she has lived hasn't been the best for her. She has suffered through unbearable pain and suffering through her menstrual cycles. She has cysts on her ovaries that make those 10 days a living hell. She had one of her ovaries removed when she was just 14; the other they won't take out till she is 40 or older. Years of hell for my Ashley. I so feel her pain every month but she doesn't quit, doesn't give in.   That's my

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein