Skip to main content

This conversation is giving me cancer



The nutritionist Leslie Beck reported a study in yesterday's Globe and Mail which reveals too much sitting can lead to cancer.

Last week, that same newspaper reported that too much drinking can substantially increase the risk of a woman's dying of breast cancer.

According to studies, we can also get cancer from processed meat, farmed fish, barbecues, fat, sugar, diet products, cell phones, computers, overhead lighting, recycled air in sealed buildings and the sun.

And, of course, smoking.

People most at risk are golfers, swimmers, office workers -- including doctors and nurses -- bloggers and people who go on the Sparks Street mall for the annual Ribfest.

The only things that don't cause cancer are plants and grains grown organically under the Alberta tar sands. (This message brought to you by the Alberta tar sands lobby.)

So if we don't want cancer, we have to eat a lot of broccoli and quinoa while standing.

Enough already.

This conversation is giving me cancer.

Maybe if we fired all the researchers, we would stop getting cancer. Turn a blind eye to it and it might just go away.

Stop buying those lottery tickets to support "research" and just go to the bar and have a helluva time. Smoke that reefer son, you might get cancer, but it's a terrific way to go.

I believe what causes most cancer is stress.

And what causes stress?

Worrying?

About what?

About getting cancer.

Dr. Andrew Weil was on Dr. Oz yesterday and he says that people in, say, tribal Africa never get depressed. I've also heard they don't get much cancer.

Why? They're too busy trying to feed their families while avoiding getting eaten by the local pride to worry. There's no time to worry about cancer in tribal Africa.

AIDS, maybe. Death by childbirth, maybe. Working for The Man as a child soldier, maybe. Getting caught in the middle of the Arab Spring, maybe.

But not cancer, definitely not cancer.

Who has time to take anti-depressants when you're too busy trying to stay alive?

Also, I expect, they don't sit down to much, so there would be a small risk of ass cancer.

We in the West have too much time on our hands.

Researchers are buying Porsches with the money we send them to study cancer.

Now, let's be clear. I'm not talking about taking money away from the dedicated lot who are doing research to obliterate cancer. Give them all your toonies and loonies.

God damn it! We need to cure cancer once we've got it.

But spending money on telling people that their lives are killing them is a waste. After we all just tune it out.

I'm all for avoiding this kind of talk.

Remember, too much negativity also gives you cancer!

I'm for life in a bubble, sitting here, drinking wine, eating steak and baked potatoes slathered with butter and sour cream.

When it's my time, this is how I'd like it to go.

Ah, did you hear?

Rose died today.

What of?

Natural causes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ashley Simpson: Conversation with Derek Favell Revealed

  On April 2, 2017, a family friend of Ashley Simpson opened her Facebook Messenger and got the surprise of her life.  Cathy MacLeod had been trying to correspond with Ashley's boyfriend, Derek Favell, who was the last person to see the St. Catharines native before she disappeared from her home in Salmon Arm, B.C. a year before. She wanted to know more about what happened to Ashley, and why Favell had refused to take a polygraph test when many others close to the missing woman agreed to do so. "I wanted to poke the bear," she said, and sent several messages to Favell pleading with him to talk to her.  " Please help us," she wrote. "It's been 10 months of pure hell. A lie detector would help if you have nothing to hide. I beg of you, help us, take the test to clear your name if there’s nothing to hide." Many, including members of the Simpson family, found Derek's behaviour, at least, curious. Ashley had disappeared on April 27, 2016. Yet it took

Ashley Simpson: A Father Remembers

I have asked Ashley Simpson's family and friends to give us a glimpse into the life she lived before going missing nearly a month ago. Here is how her father John remembers his sweet girl. Ashley was a treat when she came into this world, a smashing 9lbs 8 ounces with a  head full of hair and nails that needed to be clipped. She has made many friends in her journey of life and continues to make them as we speak. She has made this world a better place by her love of mankind and this place we call Earth; unfortunately this life she has lived hasn't been the best for her. She has suffered through unbearable pain and suffering through her menstrual cycles. She has cysts on her ovaries that make those 10 days a living hell. She had one of her ovaries removed when she was just 14; the other they won't take out till she is 40 or older. Years of hell for my Ashley. I so feel her pain every month but she doesn't quit, doesn't give in.   That's my

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein