Skip to main content

Movember: Invasion of the lip spiders



I woke up this morning feeling, well, curmudgeonly.

Maybe it's the weather.

Maybe it's the general economic downturn.

Maybe it's my age.

In any event, it's time to vent.

I would like to know why Prime Minister Harper has left his homeland and become a professional world traveller. He's in Hawaii for yet another one of those stupid A meetings and one of the three amigos is a no show. So why didn't he just cancel the trip?

And why does Laureen Harper have to tag along to Hawaii for the A-something meeting? Shouldn't she have her glue gun out decorating one ball or another? Would she be going if the meeting were in Afganistan?

I was at the gymnasty yesterday, on the rowing machine, and I noticed a couple of Lou Lou Liz Lemons standing on the spiral staircase having a chat. People couldn't get by.

The two stick figures were completely oblivious.

What's with that? I felt like yelling at them to move along.

The gymnasty has more employees than members. There are lots of greeters. Lots of trainers. What they need is traffic control.

I was eating a banana this morning and half of it was bruised. So was the banana yesterday. I hate bruised bananas. Perhaps the grocers should consider putting bananas in protective bubble wrap so that when I'm ready to eat them, they are yellow, not black. I have no time to make banana bread.

Weren't you fascinated this week when the little girl found a black widow spider in the grapes she bought at Loblaws? Did the spider miss its flight to Venezuela?

Imagine if she'd have eaten that spider. It would have been a real taste sensation that's for sure.

Why can't they get the supers right on CTV Ottawa? Does the super guy not have spell check on his computer?

Why did Dawg FM hire a news reader who drops her Gs? Well, she doesn't exactly drop them. This is what she says: workeen, reporteen, talkeen. It's ING damn it! Stop ruining my morning commute.

Just sayeen.

Why does the city have to do construction work on both Belfast and Industrial Avenue at once? There are only two ways to get to the gymnasty --Belfast and Industrial -- so why can't the crews do one street at a time?

Here's the big one.

If I pay the boys on TSN a million dollars will they shave off those bloody moustaches? Their upper lips eerily resemble the spider the little girl found in her grapes.

I'm all for raising money for prostate cancer research but that doesn't give every guy the right to sport a hair ball on his upper lip when he knows he can't grow it.

Let's face it, ladies. Movember is all about you-know-who. They don't have to run, walk or do the horizontal mambo to raise money. They just have to alter their facial appearance. And brag. Or worse. Grin.

Movember is stupid. There should be a law. If you can't grow a stash, just donate money. No excuses.

Why can't the wives stand up to these men?

Why don't we women rise up in protest and raise money by refusing to shave our pits?.

Call it Aprit or Pituary.

Hockey players should also be fined for growing inappropriate facial hair.

It would happen if I ruled the NHL.

Those boys on TSN would be fired, if I ran the network.

Finally, why does Christmas have to come in the fourth fiscal quarter? There's no work for writers leading up to Christmas. Clients are too busy planning Christmas parties to worry about those pesky reports that need editing.

There's no work for car salesmen, either. Nobody buys a car the month before Christmas, not even plastic surgeons.

Our family is broke, broke, broke.

Time to take up dog sitting for all those people with Christmas hangovers who are too sick to walk their dogs in the morning.

Better yet, let's postpone Christmas indefinitely.

That's my rant. Be off with yee.

I'm going to the gymnasty for some heavy lifting.

Watch out Lou Lou Liz Lemons. I'm hunteen for bear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ashley Simpson: Conversation with Derek Favell Revealed

  On April 2, 2017, a family friend of Ashley Simpson opened her Facebook Messenger and got the surprise of her life.  Cathy MacLeod had been trying to correspond with Ashley's boyfriend, Derek Favell, who was the last person to see the St. Catharines native before she disappeared from her home in Salmon Arm, B.C. a year before. She wanted to know more about what happened to Ashley, and why Favell had refused to take a polygraph test when many others close to the missing woman agreed to do so. "I wanted to poke the bear," she said, and sent several messages to Favell pleading with him to talk to her.  " Please help us," she wrote. "It's been 10 months of pure hell. A lie detector would help if you have nothing to hide. I beg of you, help us, take the test to clear your name if there’s nothing to hide." Many, including members of the Simpson family, found Derek's behaviour, at least, curious. Ashley had disappeared on April 27, 2016. Yet it took

Ashley Simpson: A Father Remembers

I have asked Ashley Simpson's family and friends to give us a glimpse into the life she lived before going missing nearly a month ago. Here is how her father John remembers his sweet girl. Ashley was a treat when she came into this world, a smashing 9lbs 8 ounces with a  head full of hair and nails that needed to be clipped. She has made many friends in her journey of life and continues to make them as we speak. She has made this world a better place by her love of mankind and this place we call Earth; unfortunately this life she has lived hasn't been the best for her. She has suffered through unbearable pain and suffering through her menstrual cycles. She has cysts on her ovaries that make those 10 days a living hell. She had one of her ovaries removed when she was just 14; the other they won't take out till she is 40 or older. Years of hell for my Ashley. I so feel her pain every month but she doesn't quit, doesn't give in.   That's my

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein