Skip to main content

Sophie becomes a woman



The bedroom looked like a crime scene a couple of weeks back.
There was so much spatter I nearly called in Dexter.
Ah, life with dogs.
It reminded me of perimenopause, that time when God's mystical sense of humor gets the better of her and you're wearing a white skirt at a summer party and there's nowhere to hide.
Sophie became a woman this month and boy did the neighbors know it.
The bastard hounds at Shameless across the street were howling well into the night.
We thought the fire marshal had come calling again.
Now before all you do gooders get on your fancy horses, let's be clear.
We have no intention of breeding her and we will get her spade in a couple of months, but the money put aside for the spay went to save the life of Gordon Blackstone, our twelve-year-old pug who has fat where his thyroid gland used to be. He's sitting here, right under my writing table as we speak. Instead of thanking me, he's whining at me.
Thanks a lot pal.
You could have cost us a litter.
I'm taking extreme measures to keep Sophie safe as she transitions. I read up all the literature and it tells you to look both ways before letting her out in the backyard. I have a bucket handy and a spray bottle. But we haven't seen any gentlemen callers.
So far so good.
Though I did have dreams about this last night, where horny dogs were jumping through the window and I was forced to slit their throats. Note to self.
Stop watching Dexter.
Finnigan is spending the next few weeks at the dog park alone, grateful to be out of the house and away from the little bitch now sleeping to my right.
The mating season must be awfully confusing for two boys who lost their balls long ago.
I heard a joke about that once.
What do you call the cat that jumps up on the fence and accidentally castrates itself?
A consultant.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ashley Simpson: Conversation with Derek Favell Revealed

  On April 2, 2017, a family friend of Ashley Simpson opened her Facebook Messenger and got the surprise of her life.  Cathy MacLeod had been trying to correspond with Ashley's boyfriend, Derek Favell, who was the last person to see the St. Catharines native before she disappeared from her home in Salmon Arm, B.C. a year before. She wanted to know more about what happened to Ashley, and why Favell had refused to take a polygraph test when many others close to the missing woman agreed to do so. "I wanted to poke the bear," she said, and sent several messages to Favell pleading with him to talk to her.  " Please help us," she wrote. "It's been 10 months of pure hell. A lie detector would help if you have nothing to hide. I beg of you, help us, take the test to clear your name if there’s nothing to hide." Many, including members of the Simpson family, found Derek's behaviour, at least, curious. Ashley had disappeared on April 27, 2016. Yet it took

Ashley Simpson: A Father Remembers

I have asked Ashley Simpson's family and friends to give us a glimpse into the life she lived before going missing nearly a month ago. Here is how her father John remembers his sweet girl. Ashley was a treat when she came into this world, a smashing 9lbs 8 ounces with a  head full of hair and nails that needed to be clipped. She has made many friends in her journey of life and continues to make them as we speak. She has made this world a better place by her love of mankind and this place we call Earth; unfortunately this life she has lived hasn't been the best for her. She has suffered through unbearable pain and suffering through her menstrual cycles. She has cysts on her ovaries that make those 10 days a living hell. She had one of her ovaries removed when she was just 14; the other they won't take out till she is 40 or older. Years of hell for my Ashley. I so feel her pain every month but she doesn't quit, doesn't give in.   That's my

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein